THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Exteriors


As much as I love my cape cod, I don't love the wide colour lock siding from 1970!  We are pondering once again what colour to paint it and or to bite the bullet and go with new siding!  I won't be able to afford wooden siding which is what I really want, but I would chose the triple 3 siding which is more traditional than the new cove siding which I personally am not a fan of.

Here are some before and afters and some photos of cape cod colours that I like...



This is our cape cod.  Since this picture was taken, we have added new stairs and decks to the front and side entrance.




This photo and the two above is of the same house with before and after pictures.


I like this colour and this is the triple 3 siding I would go with.

This house is almost identical to ours with painted colour lock siding.




I love red!!!!  My husband, not so much!  I don't like the trim work on this house, but I do love the colour!


I doubt I'll do yellow. 


I like this colour, but I think it would date quickly.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

The houses are quite eliciting positive vibes.I'm seriously considerin redesigning my house too. And I decided to complement it with the design I found in the home finder .

Joanne said...

Stuccoing and siding are important elements of home exterior aesthetics. If you intend to construct the home exterior with bricks or rocks, ensure that it is done before you get down to applying the stucco and siding. Also, the styles and colors of both bricks and siding should complement each other.

Home Exteriors